Rules and Procedures
Mrs. Candi Lauderdale
1. When you are tardy: Come to my desk. I will have tardy sheet available. I will fill
out information. I will follow the policy in the handbook concerning tardies. If you
are with a teacher you MUST bring a note to class when you enter the room saying
that you were with that teacher. Otherwise, you will not be allowed to leave room to get a note and it will be counted as a tardy.
2. Coming into the classroom: You are to quietly come into the classroom. DO NOT stand at your desk or around mine. You are to be seated at your assigned seat immediately when you walk into the classroom. Class will not be dismissed until the bell rings so do not get out of your seats until that time.
3. Bringing proper supplies to class: Each day you will need to bring your
binder and a pen/pencil. You WILL NOT be allowed to leave class to go get material you have forgotten to bring.
4. Respect teacher and other classmates at all times: Everyone is entitled to an
education. DO NOT show disrespect by interrupting others conversations or belittling other’s remarks. Students will NOT talk while the teacher is lecturing. Sleeping is NOT allowed in this classroom.
5. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself: Do not bother anything that does not
belong to you (backpacks, papers ,thermostat, etc). My desk is off-limits. DO NOT touch anything on it without permission. If you need to borrow a pencil, just ask!
6. Have water/office/locker and other needs taken care of before class: You will
receive 4 hall passes per semester. At then end of each 9 weeks, you may use up to 2 unused hall passes to add points to your grade.
7. Make-up work: You are responsible for making up any missed work. If you do not make the work up within 2 days, you will receive a 0. This includes test. Test will
be made up every day in after school detention from 2:45-3:30. You are responsible for
making this work up. I will not remind you. You must make arrangements for
transportation home after you complete your make-up work.
8. Stay in your seat: It is distracting to everyone when someone is moving around the
room unnecessarily. Sharpen your pencils as you enter the room and hold any trash
you might have until the end of the period.
9. Do not write on desk or walls: The room is clean and neat and I expect it to be thisway everyday when you arrive. Writing on walls or desk is vandalism and will be
treated as such.
10. No food or drinks in the class: It is against school rules to bring food or drinks
into the classroom. Food and drinks must be eaten at break. Do not bring it into
1. Follow the directions the first time they are given.
2. Do not use vulgar or offensive language.
3. Most importantly, no student shall keep others from learning!
If you choose to break a rule:
First Offense- Fourth Offense: Warning by teacher-write up in discipline log
Third Offense: Teacher/student conference *Parents will be notified
Fourth Offense: Referral to Assistant Principal (begin disciple ladder)
Severe or Continuous Disruption: Student sent immediately to the office
Rewards for Good Behavior
Positive notes home (random)
Various other positive perks throughout the school year
I have read and understand Mrs. Lauderdale's classroom procedures, rules, consequences, and
reward plan for this year.
I will be fair and consistent in administering the discipline plan for this classroom.
Signature____Mrs. Candi Lauderdale________________Date______________________
KEEP IN YOUR BINDER AT ALL TIMES!!!!!